1. Cucumber. . .1
2. Mustard seeds. . . 1 tsp
3. White gram dal. . . 1 tsp
4. Dry red chilies. . . 7 to 8
5. Green chilies. . .4-5
6. Fenugreek seeds. . . ¼ tsp
8. Tamarind. . .lemon sized ball
10. Salt to taste
11. Coriander leaves
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry fenugreek seeds, red chilies, white gram dal, mustard seeds, green chilies and asafoetida. Let the ingredients cool.
2. Grind all of the above to a fine paste along with tamarind.
3. Cut small pieces of cucumber and grind coarsely adding salt to taste with the paste made above.
4. Garnish with coriander leaves. Best with rice or chapatti.