Cooking tips www.gruhinii.com,cooking tips, household tips, tips, gardening tips, tips from kitchen, cookery, sweets, snacks, curries, verities of dals, rice
For crispy pooris add 2 table spoons of rice powder or sooji
to 2 cups of wheat flour before kneading.
* Remember the dough should be stiff for crispy pooris.
* If you want to prepare pooris in advance at 1 to
11\2 hrs before, roll the pooris and place between a well-rinsed wet muslin
cloth. You can fry just before serving.
* You can also add a tea spoon of carom seeds (Ajwain) to the poori dough for more taste, and quick digestion.
* For soft chapatti dough add little milk while kneading.
* To make samosas crisper add some corn flour to
the Maida and knead the dough.
For Roasted crispy dosa’s add a tea spoon of sugar to 1 large cup of
dosa dough before making.
* To store idly batter or Dosa batter for 2 to 3
days in a refrigerator without turning sour, do not add salt to the dough and
keep it in a air tight container. Remove
3 to 4 hours before from the fridge and add salt before using.
* Add 1 to 2 table spoons of rice flour to bajji or pakoras
batter for crispiness.
Add sufficient maida and rice flour to left over onion
raitha and make a smooth batter.
make crispy bajjis with it.
* If curds have become too sour add a glass of
water to the curd leave for 5 to 10 mins. Drain the water slowly, add some milk
Add 1 tea spoon of milk or few drops of lemon juice to the boiling sugar syrup.
The dirt and impurities collects on the
surface and can be removed easily.
by Mrs Uma ramana
You can also be a member
of this site by sending your recipes, house- hold tips interesting issues