Maida : 1 cup
Rice powder : 2 to 3 table spoons
Chilli powder: ½ tea spoon (optional)
Salt : 1 tea spoon
Ajwain : 1 tea spoon
Ghee : 2 to 3 table spoons
Oil : for deep fry
1. Take 1 cup maida in a bowl. Add Ajwain (carom seeds) and salt to it. Heat 1 table spoon ghee in a pan and add to the mixture.
dough should be stiff
Make a stiff dough by adding enough water.
2. Leave the dough covered for 1 hour.
make rotis as thin as you can
3. Now make lemon size balls out of the dough. Make rotis as thin as possible.
spread ghee and rice powder
4. Now take a roti, spread ghee, and then sprinkle rice powder. Place another one over it and spread ghee and rice powder. Place 2 to 3 rotis one over the other in the same manner.
place rotis one over the other and make rolls
5. Now make rolls out of the Rotis as shown in the picture and cut into small pieces.
cut into small pieces and roll
6. Roll over very care fully.
6. Now kajas are ready for deep fry.
Deep fry Kajas
7. Heat Oil in a pan deep fry the kajas until golden brown. Crispy Namkeen Kaja is ready. Store in a air tight container after completely cooled.
You can also make sweet Kajas in the same manner. Just avoid adding Ajwain and chilli powder in the ingredients. After deep frying Kajas sprinkle grounded sugar for Sweet Kajas. You can also dip them in sugar syrup for making sweet kajas.
By Mrs Uma ramana
You can also be a member of this site by sending your recipes, house hold tips