Jhat-Pat Rice Tikki
1. Cooked rice. . . .2cups
2. Potato. . . .1
3. Onion. . . .2
4. Green chilies. . . .3-4
5. Red chili powder. . . .1 ½ tsp
6. Garam masala. . . .1tsp
7. Coriander powder. . . .1tsp
8. Corinader leaves. . . . 1/2 cup
9. Corn flour. . . .2tsp
1. Heat the cooked rice along with chopped coriander leaves in a cooker. Boil potatoes separately. Peal, mash and keep aside.
2. Next take the rice, boiled and mashed potatoes, chopped onions, green chilies, garam masala, coriander powder, red chili powder, salt, corn flour in a bowl and mix well.
3. Make small equal sized tikkis and shallow fry in a pan with minimum oil.
This recipe can also prepared by using left over rice too.
Heating the rice with coriander leaves makes rice smell good and enhances the taste.
To avoid the tikkis from being sticky, apply little oil or water on your palm and prepare.